You can control which countries your digital releases or videos are allowed to be accessed in within Single.
For instance, if you set the geographic availability to only include the USA, then only fans within the USA will be able to purchase your product or watch your video.
How it works
When someone outside your selected regions purchases:
- After purchasing the product, they will automatically be refunded.
- Refunded orders will appear in your Shopify admin
- You can choose to notify customers using your preferred communications channel. In the refund reason for the order there will be a note stating:
Product Title - Variant Title is being refunded due to the following: Content Title is not available for download / view in Country Code.
Geographic Availability: Account vs Product level
You can set your geographic availability at the account level, which will be applied to all of your digital releases and videos. Or you can set it at the individual product level for a digital release or video, which will only be applied to that specific product.
Geographic availability at the product level can outrank the account level.
So, for example:
- Your account level is set to only allow accessibility in the US
- For a specific product, you add France to the available regions
- Fans in the US or France will be able to access the product
Option 1 - Account Level Availability
To set at the account level:
- Log in to Single
- On the left side menu, click ‘Settings’
- Click Advanced
- Scroll down to the General section
- Select regions from the drop down
Option 2 - Product Level Availability
When creating your digital release, find the Scheduling model and select specific regions using the Limit Geographic Availability? drop down.
Video on demand
After uploading your video, select specific regions using the Limit Geographic Availability? drop down.
When creating your rental, select specific regions using the Limit Geographic Availability? drop down in the Configure step.
Video Live Stream
When creating your Live Stream, select specific regions using the Limit Geographic Availability? drop down in the Configure step.
Note: Adjusting your geographic availability only applies to digital releases (audio) and video (rentals, live streams, video on demand). It does not impact memberships, NFTs, or any products created outside of Single.