How to Manage and Monitor Your Usage Across Music, Video, NFT Collections, and Memberships
Your Single subscription plan comes with usage limits across music, video, NFT Collections, and memberships.
In Single, you can easily view and manage your usage for each of these categories.
On this page
Types of Usage
Single categorizes your usage based on the specific content or products you create, which include Music, Video, NFT Collections, and Memberships. Each of these categories has its own distinct metrics that you can monitor to track your usage effectively. You can learn about how we define and track this usage below:
Music Usage Metrics
- Active Digital Releases: Digital releases that are scheduled, on pre-sale, or currently for sale.
- Active Physical UPCs: Unique UPCs currently active and tagged for physical reporting.
Video Usage Metrics
- Hours of Hosted Video: Total hours of videos hosted on Single, including livestreams, rentals, and video on demand (VOD).
- Video Viewer Hours Consumed: Total hours viewers have spent watching your on demand, rental, and livestream videos, including incremental hours added.
- Free Active Members: Members count for the duration of their the tier timeframe signed up for, or until they cancel their membership. For example, if someone joins your annual membership on June 1, they count as an active member until June 1 the following year.
- Paid Active Members: Members count for the duration of their the tier timeframe they paid for, or until they cancel their membership. For example, if someone joins your annual membership on June 1, they count as an active member until June 1 the following year.
- Active Content Gates for Members: Total number of content gates (such as products, pages, or videos) across all active memberships.
- Active NFT Collections: NFT Collections that are for sale or currently used to gate access to content for NFT holders.
- Active Content Gates for NFT Holders: Total number of content gates (such as products, pages, or videos) across all active NFT Collections.
Monitor and Mange Your Usage
To monitor and manage your usage:
- Log in to your Single account.
- Go to Settings > Usage and Billing.
- Select "Manage" next to the usage metric you want to edit, which will take you to that specific page in Single.
The Usage and Billing page gives you an overview of your current billing cycle, recent charges, and monthly usage. It also provides a breakdown of usage by category.
Handling Usage Limits and Overages
Your subscription plan determines your usage limits on Single. If you exceed these limits, your service will remain active, but you'll incur additional charges:
- $0.15 per hour for video views beyond your limit. To avoid the overage, upgrade to a plan with a higher video viewer hour limit.
- For free memberships -- after exceeding the Free Active Member limit of your plan, all future membership transactions (sign ups) incur a $0.20 charge. To avoid the overage, upgrade to a plan with a higher active member limit. The Gold plan includes unlimited Free Active Members.
- There are no limits or overage fees for paid memberships.
Note: Overages for video viewer hours and memberships are enabled by default for all subscription plans.