Learn How to Add Pre-Release Tracks to Physical Albums Without Affecting Chart Eligibility
Since Billboard updated its chart rules in regard to merch bundles in 2020, physical album sales are more important than ever. This feature will allow you to attach pre-release tracks to physical formats without affecting the chart eligibility of the physical album, offering more flexibility with Physical Reporting.
How it works
After installing Single, the app syncs automatically with your Shopify inventory.
This allows you to select which physical products (such as CDs, vinyl records, etc.) you'd like to report and bundle with digital releases.
- These reports are automatically generated and sent to Luminate daily at 10AM ET to keep your sales data up-to-date.
Before you start
- Have your physical products already set up in Shopify.
- Sign in to your Single account.
- Go to Music > Digital Delivery from the left sidebar.
- Click + Create Digital Release and choose Pre-Release Tracks.
- Fill in the details of your release and set the release date to match your physical album’s release date.
- Add your audio files and specify individual release dates for each track.
- Click Attach in the top right corner.
- Search for the products you want to bundle with the tracks, then input the following information for each attachment:
- Enable Deliver to existing orders.
- Disable Managed fulfillment.
- Click Create Attachments.
Now, customers who pre-order your physical album will receive the pre-release tracks on the dates you set. This is a great way to generate excitement and boost presales.