In order to set up livestreams in Single, there are specific requirements that your Shopify store must meet regarding accounts and security. Here are the two essential steps you need to follow:
1. Enable Classic Customer Accounts
Single requires the use of classic customer accounts in your Shopify store for ticketed rentals. The default "new" customer accounts won't work for this purpose.
- Log in to your Shopify admin
- Go to Settings > Customer accounts
- In the Accounts in online store and checkout section, click Edit
- In the Login experience section, select Show login link in the header of online store and at checkout.
- In the Choose which version of customer accounts to use section, select Classic customer accounts.
- Click Save.
Note: For more on customer accounts, check out this Shopify article.
2. Disable Shopify ReCAPTCHA
To ensure a smooth sign-up and login experience for your viewers, it's necessary to deactivate reCAPTCHA at your Shopify store's checkout.
Log into your Shopify admin.
Go to Settings > Apps and sales channels.
From the Apps and sales channels page, click Online store.
Click Open sales channel.
In the Spam protection section, uncheck to deactivate Google reCAPTCHA
Save your settings.
Note: Refer to Shopify's checkout customization article for more information.
Once you've completed these prerequisites, you're all set to create your rentals in Single.