This article explains how your sales are reported to Kantar and the OCC when using Single for your digital releases. It’s essential to understand how this process works, as it can influence your music’s ranking on charts.
Reporting Digital Releases
Digital releases powered by Single are automatically reported to Kantar and the OCC. This service is included in our per-track pricing.
Things to note:
- Sales from other providers are not reported by Single.
- Digital sales are reported automatically at 3 am GMT for the previous day.
- Sales are subject to specific criteria set by the OCC.
Reporting Physical Releases
In contrast to digital sales, physical sales reporting is not automatic. This process requires approval from the OCC. You can fill out this form to kick start the process and see if you pre-qualify.
OCC Reporting Schedule
- OCC chart weeks span from Friday to Thursday.
- The digital sales cutoff is at midnight (GMT) on the Thursday following the release.
- Single and Album Charts are updated on a weekly basis - view them here.
Brief Overview of Inclusion Rules
To be included in the charts, your sales need to comply with the following rules:
- Albums must be priced at a minimum of £3.75.
- Singles must be priced at a minimum of £0.40.
- Free digital sales are not eligible.
- Sales linked to giveaways or promotional free copies are not eligible.
- Sales must be paid for, delivered to the purchaser (fulfilled in Shopify), and redeemed by the purchaser.
- Sales must occur within the UK, Ireland, or France.
Note: For a comprehensive list of rules and guidelines, click here.
Special Promotions and Upsells
In regards to Upsells (powered by Single or otherwise) or other campaigns that provide discounts or incentives on products, chart eligibility must be reviewed and determined by OCC/Kantar beforehand.
To do this, please reach out to email@example.com regarding the details of your campaign.
Monitoring Your Sales
Need an in-depth view of your sales and information on what has been reported or not? Click here to learn how to access this information.
Proper reporting of your sales to the OCC is crucial for chart ranking. By adhering to the guidelines and ensuring timely reporting, you can make the most of your releases.