Using Shopify and Single's membership features, you can provide exclusive access to specific products in your store based on membership tiers.
Before your start
To gate a product with your membership, it must first be available for purchase in your store. This can include any existing physical or digital products in your Shopify inventory, or Single-created products such as:
- Log into your Single account
- From the left sidebar, click on Memberships.
- Choose the membership type you want to modify.
- Click Edit, then navigate to the Perks page.
- Choose the membership tier you'd like to use for gating access.
- Click +Select Content.
- Set your content type to Product.
- Search for the Shopify Product you want to gate.
- Set the Claim Limit, Discounts Allowed, and Visibility toggles to your liking.
- Click Save.
- Follow this tutorial to replace Shopify's standard buy buttons with Single's custom ones for the gated products.
Things to note:
Visibility: If you gate a product in Single, it will be set to 'hidden' in Shopify. If you un-gate it later, you must manually change the visibility settings in Shopify.
Accessibility: Only customers within the designated membership tier can purchase the gated product.